A MERE DREAM

Long distance relationships sucks. Everything becomes useless. You dream of your love to be near you even though it's never gonna happen. Here's a poem written by me on 29th August 2018.


One day, in the night
when after many days, 
I was feeling all right.

I went in my room and 
laid on the bed.
Don't know what, but 
something made me step ahead.

I came out of the house,
There was no one, rather than a mouse.
That night, it was really chill.
But also, I stood there still.

Then I thought of taking a round,
when suddenly I found
the person to whom my heart was bound.

Literally, I couldn't believe my eyes.
Finally I got him after so many tries.
This was the joy I couldn't hold
and then I silently told:

"I thought you went far away.
Then what's the reason that made you stay"?

Hearing this, he replied:
"I'll be coming from anywhere, if you say.
Distance can never come in our way".

It was such a beautiful night.
I closed my eyes and hugged him tight.
I never wanted him to be out of sight.

Thereby, I heard someone singing.
I opened my eyes and found the alarm was ringing.
and then I found myself on the bed leaning.
Shit! Bloody hell! I was dreaming.

The darkness of the night was gone.
The lights of my room were on.

I felt so secured in his arm,
the chilled night seemed to be warm.
Why did I get up hearing that stupid alarm?

All these made my heart depressed,
mood was off and mind was stressed.

I felt like crying.
Something in me was dying.
The pain was so severe,
but my heart was only one to hear.

I remembered the last time we met,
when the place and time had already been set.
And very soon, my eyes were wet.

I know that we will be meeting soon.
For my ailing heart, it would be a boon.
Slowly the tears rolled down the cheek.
There was not even a single squeak.

Now a few more drops of tears rolled.
At last I wiped them and consoled.
No! No! No! Why should I weep?
Idiot! That wasn't our last meet.



                           --KAMNA SAH





Those were the days when I used to cry daily, atleast a bazzilion times a day, just because I wasn't close to a person who was damn close to my heart.

It happens with all of us. We all lose important people. Still, we heal with time. We console ourselves. With each growing day, we learn to live with such emptiness. That's how we humans are, we learn things quickly, be it the life skills or the love of your life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THIS IS WHAT I NEED

Don't Cry!